High-Leverage Practices Institute
While some of the High-Leverage Practices (HLPs) may seem like the foundations of “just good teaching,” the effective implementation of these practices may not always be so simple. That's where CEC's High-Leverage Practices Institute training program comes in.
Customizable to be implemented for practitioners or as a “train-the-trainer” model to provide instructional coaches and building administrators with strategies to train, observe and support classroom teachers who are using the HLPs, the HLP Institute has become an incredibly effective way to ensure every educator is prepared to support all students.
he HLP Institute training program can be structured to support a cohort of new and/or experienced practitioners at the state/district level or school site. The program can also be customized to focus on prioritized practices most needed by your team.
CEC’s unique training program utilizes dynamic presenters (many of whom literally wrote the book on the HLPs) to provide attendees with proven strategies to effectively implement the HLPs in their classrooms—and improve outcomes for students with exceptionalities.
Each HLP institute includes:
- Fifteen (15) hours of live professional development, focusing on the HLPs of your choice (check out our suggested focuses)
- Each in-person training includes:
- An implementation guide for each HLP covered in the workshop to assist in providing trainings to other staff
- Access to presentations to assist in trainings
- Two (2) online/asynchronous virtual “checkpoints” for members of the institute to connect with subject matter experts on any implementation questions
- Access to an online community for all members of the institute to collaborate, discuss, and access resources
- A copy of High-Leverage Practices in Special Education, and a copy of High-Leverage Practices in the Inclusive Classroom for each participant
- A pre- and post- institute evaluation for your organization to use in guiding training decisions and measuring outcomes
- Professional development hours (PDHs) for each participant based on sessions attended
CEC’s training experts will work with you to prioritize the content for each of your HLP Institute sessions to cover the practices needed to meet the training goals for your specific audience—whether that’s classroom teachers, instructional coaches, other personnel training staff, or a combination of these team members—we’ve got them covered.
Contact Jennifer Bullock for more information and to discuss how the HLP institute can be customized for your team.
Read CEC's press release to learn more.