Benefits of Using LCE
Teach the Most Comprehensive and Current Transition Curriculum on the Market
Formerly known as LCCE, the new Life Centered Education (LCE) is the result of a recently completed 18-month review and revision by a CEC-led task force of leading transition professionals from the field.
With LCE, special education directors, teachers and other professionals can:
- Implement the most comprehensive transition curriculum for children with disabilities and children who are at risk.
- Provide in-depth coverage on life skills in three critical domains of adult living: daily living skills, self determination and interpersonal skills, and employment skills, further divided into 20 competencies and 94 sub-competencies (see matrix).
- Ensure lesson plans reflect the problem-solving skills students need to live productive and rewarding adult lives.
Increase Efficiency and Enhance Your Teaching Effectiveness
The new LCE helps you:
- Better use technology effectively in instruction.
- Provide alternative instructional strategies to accommodate student needs.
- Monitor each student's progress online.
- Deliver focused explicit instruction across all curricular areas.
- Enable teachers and students track assignments and progress online.
- Link your instructional objectives with the Common Core State Standards.
Plus, the all-new entirely web-based format of LCE allows multiple users from the same school to simultaneously access the entire curriculum - or just the pieces they need, when they need them.