Board of Directors
CEC’s Board of Directors is the organization’s administrative, general legislative, and policy making body. The Board of Directors establishes strategic direction for CEC, addresses issues of concern, and sets policy.
The CEC Board of Directors is composed of four officers (President, President Elect, Immediate Past President, and Treasurer); 15 members-at-large (four from diverse ethnic and multicultural groups; one from the classroom ranks; one from Canada; and nine non-designated); and one Student Member. In addition, the CEC Executive Director serves as a non-voting member of the Board.
Meet your Board of Directors
2013 Board of Directors Meeting Dates:
- January 25, 26, 27 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)CEC Headquarters, Arlington, VA
- April 3, 4 (Wednesday, Thursday)
CEC Convention and Expo, San Antonio, TX
- June 25, 26 (Tuesday, Wednesday)
- October 4, 5, 6 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
CEC Headquarters, Arlington, VA
In addition to its four meetings, the Board has held a conference call to prepare for the annual Convention & Expo and two one-week information postings to help keep the Board informed of ongoing governance work and organizational performance.
Pre-Convention & Expo Conference Call
Information Postings and Comment Periods:
- August 13 - 19 (Tuesday-Monday; 7-day comment period)
- November 13 - 19 (Wednesday-Tuesday; 7-day comment period)